Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Superheroes [!OT]

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you think it's right for the ever-so-classical superheroes to have a double identity, keeping it secret who they are, even to their loved ones?

    Furthermore, do you think it's right for them to stay poor and never demand any compensation for their work?

    And finally, what do you think of their goody-good stance of never using the dark ways, never killing the bad ones, even trying to save their lives when they screw up, and to hand them over to justice?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Daigotsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it's ok for a superhero to keep their identity a secret. If everyone knew who they were they could easily target their friends and family members. It's ok if they don't demand compensation or anything. I guess some people get enough satisfaction by just helping others. I would use dark ways if I had to and I probably wouldn't go out of my way to save anyone that was giving me troubled. I understand that some people just don't like to hurt others though.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Same as Dai.

    And i honestly would have a very hardtime killing anyone, unless they were super super bad, not jsut some criminal who wnated some money ior osmething.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't like the goody-good fashion of superheroes; I'm equally fond of Light and Darkness (which don't necessarily equal to Good and Evil respectively). So my position on this is:

    Do you think it's right for the ever-so-classical superheroes to have a double identity, keeping it secret who they are, even to their loved ones?

    Daigo made a good point here, it'll be good to have a life. But I think SuperMan should tell the girl he loves WTF is he, especially because not telling always hurts their relationship.

    He could just go and say, "I have a super-wang. Only kryptonite makes it soft." [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]


    Furthermore, do you think it's right for them to stay poor and never demand any compensation for their work?

    I think it's good to help others and you feel good when doing so, but I wouldn't be as stupid as to work my ass off in a newspaper, help everybody when I'm not at it, have no free time, and stay poor. I would help my friends and family every time they say "Hey, can you give me a super-hand?", but I would charge others to do jobs. I guess I could make a contract with the Government to help anyone I can for a (high) fixed monthly fee.


    And finally, what do you think of their goody-good stance of never using the dark ways, never killing the bad ones, even trying to save their lives when they screw up, and to hand them over to justice?

    Although I would be tempted to get guilty terrorists, mass-murderers, etc. and release them from 10 Km high and say bai-bai, and I probably would, I wouldn't kill most criminals. I would just throw them into jail (I'll take my time to choose the best country to do this, i.e. the country that will jail them for the most time and in the poorest conditions). Of course rapists and other annoying sobs will get "special treatment" (get beaten first till my anger ends, then jailed).

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ November 27, 2003 09:45 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Personally, some have killed, such as Batman did in Batman Forever (caught it on HBO tonight) and most more than likely have in some comics/movies.

    They should really kill unless it is on a special situation. But in case someone got a parking violation they shouldn't be killed. I mean like if someone tried to blow up an embassy with quite a few people helping then the leader should be killed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •